So I found some links for getting a patent for my Dialog System:
NOLO is a great, free informational site. Also, be sure to read what the USPTO (United States Patent & Trademark Office) has to say about patents.
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.
Research, research, research – this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can. Here are some book titles that are relevant:
Getting a Patent:
* Patent It Yourself (11th Edition) by David Pressman
* Patents and How to Get One : A Practical Handbook by U.S. Department of Commerce
* How To Make Patent Drawings Yourself: A Patent It Yourself Companion by Jack Lo
* The Inventor's Notebook: A Patent It Yourself Companion by Fred E. Grissom
What to do Next:
* From Patent To Profit: Secrets & Strategies For The Successful Inventor, Third Edition by Bob Dematteis
* How to License Your Million Dollar Idea: Everything You Need To Know To Turn a Simple Idea into a Million Dollar Payday, 2nd Edition by Harvey Reese
* The Inventor's Bible: How to Market and License Your Brilliant Ideas by Ronald Louis Docie
* The Complete Idiot's Guide ® to Cashing in On Your Inventions by Richard Levy
There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.
Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!
http://www.nolo.com/resource.cfm/catID/0… -- NOLO – Patents Resource Center
http://www.uspto.gov – United States Patent & Trademark Office Home Page
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/faqs.ht… -- USPTO's FAQ about Patents
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/howtopa… -- USPTO's How to Get a Patent
http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html -- Search Patents
http://www.invention-ifia.ch/ -- International Federation of Inventors' Associations
http://www.uiausa.org/ -- United Inventors Association
http://inventors.about.com/od/localorgs/ -- Directory of Local USA & Canada Groups
http://ezinearticles.com/?Patent---How-T… – Patent – How to Get One by Michael Russell
http://ezinearticles.com/?Invented-Somet… – Invented Something? Get a Patent by Thomas Choo
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Select-… – How to Select a Patent Attorney by Lisa Parmley
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Patent-… – How to Patent Your Invention by Neil Armand
http://ezinearticles.com/?Can-You-Start-… – Can You Start Selling Your Invention Before Patenting It? by Xavier Pillai
It might not be free for you.. but what you can do is do a search online for free...
Read more here..
Patents : Do it yourself.